Thursday, October 15, 2015

Excuses to give work/school so you can watch gymnastics Worlds live #Glasgow2015

Worlds are soon to be upon us, which means we, as diehard gym fans, need to watch it!

I've been struggling to figure out how I can find an excuse to miss work on the 27th and 29th during the ~2-3 hour slots for the women's team final and all-around final so I figured I'd share some of my ideas!  Naturally, both are smack dab in the middle of my work day.  If it were two days in a row then it would be easier, but it would be awfully suspicious for me to be "sick" on two days within the same week and fine on the day in-between :P Therefore, I need to get creative! I'd feel bad lying* so I need to come up with something that is somewhat true, but maybe not quite what it sounds like. 

*For the record, I DO NOT condone lying to your employer...but I do believe in watching Worlds...How you decide to make that possible is your own decision to make and for which to be responsible.

Here's what I have in terms of potential excuses so far:

1) Eye infection - caused by tears over Brenna Dowell's successes or setbacks, of course.  Hopefully the former, otherwise I really WILL have an eye infection.


Image source: Giphy

2) Headache - caused by someone's disgusting form.



3) Back pain - Hey, I'm a total hypochondriac and there's no doubt that at least one of those world class gymnasts has back pain, which means my brain will tell me I do too.  (Also let's face it, I will totally also have real back pain regardless since my body is falling apart. #ballerinaproblems)

Image source: Pinterest
K, yeah my back DEFINITELY hurts looking at that...The only way my body could end up in that position is if my back were broken.

4) The good old "personal business" excuse - let's be real: no one is going to ask you what that means. My "personal business" is that THE BEST ****ING SPORT IN THE WORLD NEEDS ME TO WATCH AND TWEET ABOUT IT RIGHT NOW INSTEAD OF DOING WORK!

Image source: Giphy 

5) I need more excuses! Help me out!
Image source: Giphy
Seriously...if you have a good idea, please share it either in the comments below or via Twitter @Gymtertainment so that all of us gym fans can figure out a way to enjoy Worlds :)




No comments:

Post a Comment