Friday, October 23, 2015

Things that DIDN'T happen at Worlds - Qualifications Day 1 #Glasgow2015

I figured there are probably PLENTY of articles about the things that did happen today, but i doubt there are many about the things that didn't happen.  I apologize in advance if some of the items on this list may re-break any gymternet hearts. Consider yourself fairly warned!  

Here we go; things that did not happen today:

1. Maria Paseka's Beautiful Wolf Turn
In case you've been living under a rock, you should know that Maria Paseka's wolf turn is probably the worst one we've seen yet. @arfedorova created this wonderful gif that made the rounds on Twitter so that everyone could experience this piece of gymnastics history:


2. Chuso's Perfect Produnova
I was all for her and believed she could TOTALLY do it, but Chuso did not land her Produnova.  It wasn't suicidal, but it also wasn't all that much better than the other near-landed attempts we've seen over recent years.  Hopefully it will still be enough to land her a spot (no pun intended) in event finals. *Fingers crossed* #PrayersforChuso




3. A Successful Romanian Bars Rotation
Yeah...I'm not even going to go there. If you want to know what happened, go to Twitter...or any other website with gymnastics-related news. I'm watching it right now because apparently I'm a masochist. Be warned: it's extremely depressing.

4. #DoubleDownies and Bars Finals
The Double Downies were double down on bars. There, I said it. I made the worst joke ever and I should be sorry, but I'm not, because I'm still in denial that this happened.

It's ok; they'll come back next year and dominate at Rio...right? Please tell me yes...

Here's a video of Becky Downie winning the bars title at the 2014 European Championships to make you forget about everything that happened today:


5. Correct Spellings of Glasgow
In the hashtag wars the other day, I ALMOST said that it was "really easy to spell Glasgow" as a reason why #Glasgow2015 was a better hashtag than #2015WGC. Sadly, no one seems to be able to spell it correctly; even some of my favorite people and organizations :(





Well, that's all for Day 1 before it gets too depressing.  Hopefully Day 2 will bring much more joy, happiness, and healing of gymternet hearts <3

No comments:

Post a Comment